Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Santa Came!

Superdad had to work on Christmas this year, and since waking up the kids at 5:30 to open gifts before he had to leave was out of the question we had to get creative. On Christmas Eve morning Supergirl woke up with a rolled up note on her pillow. It was a letter from Santa explaining that he knows her daddy has to work on Christmas and Rudolph (she is very into Rudolph, almost more than the big man) suggested that they stop by our house first when they leave that night. He thanked her and Superboy for being such great kids, reminded her about his favorite snacks, and sealed the letter with some sparkly glitter. She totally bought the whole thing. When we returned from Grandma and Papa's house that night, she wasn't sure if he had come, but Santa never breaks a promise!
Supergirl's new Princess Castle and horse from her stocking

Yee-haw! Superboy new exactly what to do and jumped right on!
We truely had a wonderful Christmas. We missed Superdad a ton during the day, but he joined us that evening and opened presents with my family. I love the holidays!


7 comments:

Mrs. B said...

you are so smart!! Very cute!

Sara Love said...

Your kids are so cute! And they look like they had a wonderful Christmas. It was so good to hear from you, Kristen! You have a beautiful family. It's fun to see and read your blog!

Michelle said...

I love the holidays, too! You are so creative, I'm glad Superdad got to enjoy the opening of presents.

Hamblin Family said...

Hey Kristin, Your kids are so cute. I don't know if you know that we have a blog now too. I linked you to mine. I hope you don't mind? Ours is
hamblinscount4.blogspot.com

I also saw daryl's on yours. I haven't heard from him in years. do you have an email? I tried to leave a comment on his but it wouldn't let me.

Sorry John couldn't be there Christmas mornning. I know that sucks, but at least you thaught of a creative way to handle it!

Carina said...

You're so sneaky! I'm still curious how you pulled the whole thing off!

Bethany said...

Cute blog, right back atcha! I can't believe your little girl is so grown up. Last time I saw you she was in your belly. Crazy.

April said...

How fun! Glad you found a way that Superdad could be in on the fun. Greta is looking at all the picts with me. She said she wants a princess castle like Supergirl for Christmas. Where did you find it?