Monday, January 14, 2008

Drill Team

After reading some previous comments, I realized that I have not mentioned that I coach the drill team at HHS. I was on Hazen drill my Junior and Senior year (so long ago...) and had so much fun being a part of that team. I was somewhat coaxed into applying for the job by a sister in my ward who's daughter is on the team, but I am so glad that she brought it up. The team was in real need of a coach, since the previous one had a baby in August and the school still had not found a replacement for her. I had to hit the ground running with a team who's season had already been started for a few months. I am really loving working with the girls, and I get to have a lot of fun. The job is a TON of work, but I think next year will be a lot easier. I don't really have any pictures but there is a link to our first competition on youtube. They did a good job. The competition was EXTREMELY close with the top 4 teams all being 1 point apart from each other. I'll probably do another update after our state competition. Go HHS!

7 comments:

ashley said...

You rock! I love that we could hear them announcing your name.

Leanne said...

Holy Cow! That was awesome to see! I was in Dance for a few years myself, but ultimately chose bagpipes overall. That's so cool, you truly are a Supermom!! (No wonder you look fantastic!)

LunaMoonbeam said...

Good job, girls!!!! Would it make me seem old if I said that that doesn't look ANYTHING like our drill team! hahaha....they looked fantastic!

Hamblin Family said...

Hey, Kristin that is pretty awsome. You have gone full circle on the drill thing!! How does it feel to be in charge rather than being the one out there kickin' butt? The team seems small compared to what is was when we were in high school? Maybe it just seems small because I am older, hehe! -Amy

Supermom said...

Amy, the team is smaller (17) we had 32-34. Most of the teams are a bit smaller now. It was that way when I came on board, but I will try to build it up a bit next year :)

Michelle said...

they looked great!! It looks like you're doing an awesome job!

Bekah said...

SOOO COOOOOLLLLL!!!!! You know how much I love drill and the floor work is my favorite, bet they had sore wrists after that! Great Job!!! I was gonna say it's about 1/2 the size of when we were there but it still rocks. WORK IT!