Thursday, June 7, 2007

Cheerios- the food of super heroes

Superboy loves Cheerios. He just can not get enough of them. We first gave them to him two weeks ago. He knew that these were a good thing, but he couldn't quite get them into his mouth. So, with gentle persuasion, he taught us when to feed him :) However, he is a cheerio pro now, and quite cute about it, if I don't say so myself.


In addition to mastering the art of Cheerio shoving, he is getting very good at moving around on the floor. I still haven't seen a traditional crawl forward, but don't you think he can't get around. He has complete dominion of the floor, and will go anywhere he wants. With the proper combination of twist, rolls and scoots, he is a mobile man. Yesterday he would get up onto his knees, and then get up onto his toes, pushing his cute bum up into the air. Everytime he did this he would get very excited and do it again. He'll shuffle his knees under his body, but he just hasn't moved those hands. Last night though he gave us quite a surprise. We put him in his crib while Superman and I set up some new furniture. Superboy was giggling at us through the bars. He put one hand up on the rail, then another, and pulled himself up to standing! We were both shocked, and Superboy loved the reaction!






1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Adorable! Baby B and I are struggling with solids. I'm currently on a break:)I think I'll try again next week. She was doing okay with rice cereal, and then I tried oatmeal and she wouldn't take anything after that, including banana. I didn't realize this would be such a struggle!