On Monday we had a family party at Grandma and Papa's house. It was great to see so many of the cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents. With the family being so big, it is hard to get everyone together. I really love the opportunities we have to see each other. We had a salad potluck and PaPa barbecued some salmon. The weather was really nice, and we spent the majority of the night in the back yard. Supergirl blew out the three candles on her Cinderella cake with ease, and had no trouble opening her presents. I think she had a great time.
The kids
Superaunt giving the birthday girl a kiss
The loot. Supergirl had lots of helpers, in case the paper was too tough!
Supergirl waits to blow out her candles until the song is finished.
A true princess in her new Snow White gown.
The next day was Supergirl's friend party. We chose a Curious George theme, which is Supergirl's favorite morning cartoon. We had a great turnout, and even a few surprise guests. The rain held out just long enough for the kids to run in the yard a bit and play some curious monkey-type games. I was able to commission Superaunt to draw some fantastic Georges for our games. They tossed yellow balls (and a banana) through a balloon toss, pinned the banana on the monkey, and had a blast going fishing for prizes with Curious George. We ate one of George's favorite foods, pizza, and blew out the candle on some yummy confetti cupcakes. It was so much fun throwing Supergirl her first birthday party, and I think the afternoon was a success. Now we can relax, and wait until next year.
Some little monkey's trying to get the perfect shot.
Almost all of the kids going through their treat bags after going fishing with Curious George
Superaunt giving the birthday girl a kiss
The loot. Supergirl had lots of helpers, in case the paper was too tough!
Supergirl waits to blow out her candles until the song is finished.
A true princess in her new Snow White gown.
The next day was Supergirl's friend party. We chose a Curious George theme, which is Supergirl's favorite morning cartoon. We had a great turnout, and even a few surprise guests. The rain held out just long enough for the kids to run in the yard a bit and play some curious monkey-type games. I was able to commission Superaunt to draw some fantastic Georges for our games. They tossed yellow balls (and a banana) through a balloon toss, pinned the banana on the monkey, and had a blast going fishing for prizes with Curious George. We ate one of George's favorite foods, pizza, and blew out the candle on some yummy confetti cupcakes. It was so much fun throwing Supergirl her first birthday party, and I think the afternoon was a success. Now we can relax, and wait until next year.Some little monkey's trying to get the perfect shot.
Almost all of the kids going through their treat bags after going fishing with Curious George
"I love cupcakes!"
Three silly monkeys
Sitting with Superaunt in front of the fishing pond.
4 comments:
Oh my heck!! Who has all those cute props, at a 3 year-old's birthday party?! You really are Supermom!! I want to be just like you someday! I love you!
-Amber
LOL Amber. I asked Superaunt to draw me some monkeys, and she went to town. It wasn't me :)
That is the best Curious George party I've ever seen! I bet the kids had so much fun. What a fun mom you are!
Hey!!! Some of those kiddos look pretty familiar!! It was such a fun bday party, thanks for having the kids out! And the props were incredible. Happy Birthday Supergirl!
Post a Comment