Moving into this new house has been wonderful. We have a lot more space, and each of the kiddos has their own room. I don't know if it is because they have their own spaces now, or they have just gotten older, but they LOVE to be together now. As soon as Supergirl wakes up, and Superboy hears her, he comes crawling as fast as he can to her room. He is all smiles and squeals and Supergirl is excited as well. She'll say in a very high baby voice (which is quite funny unto itself) "Hi baby brother!" Oh I just love it! Supergirl wants him to play in her room and will tell me, "I need baby brother my room." Now, so you don't assume that she is always nice, she still does not like it when he touches her things, she just likes him around.
This morning Superboy excitedly followed Supergirl into the bathroom, and would have crawled right up onto the toilet if I had let him. He just loves to be with her.
My favorite thing so far is when Superboy wakes up from his naps. Supergirl will hear him squirm or squeal and will run to me and say, "Baby brother awake?" and then she will run straight into his room. And in her high voice she'll talk to him, push him toys through the bars, and insist that I get him up.
I am very excited for this stage in our family. I think that we are going to have a lot of fun.
Playing together this morning
3 comments:
Wow, your kids actually like each other. You are soo lucky. Right now I can hear Briley yelling at Avalyn for some reason or another. Sometimes they get along, but it seems like a rarity.
This was my favorite time between K and J- reading your posts about Supergirl running into Superboy's room when she hears he's awake brought back some fun memories along the same lines! Enjoy it! They'll always be good friends, they just won't figure it out again until they're about ready to leave for college!
Kristin, you have such a beautiful family! I found your blog from Amber's. You all look so great! It's good to hear your family's doing so well. -Sara Milton (Jones)
Post a Comment